Sunday, July 29, 2012

MINIMALISM

Minimalism
  1. Movements in art and design, film, literature and music where the work is stripped down to its most basic and raw.
  2.  
      I have talked about minimalism in some of my past posts but never actually described what it meant. Minimalism is often interpreted as the act of decluttering one's life, which is a part of being a minimalist. Minimalism is simplicity-living with less, to be content with who you are and what you have. It is knowing that buying is not the solution (rarely is it ever).
 
      I have not always been living a minmalist lifestyle. I was very much a cluttered person, buying clothes and never wearing it, an impulse consumer. With this cluttered life, I always tried to look for ways to declutter my life, which was to buy more organizational items, but the solution was to simply throw or give away my clothing items to a charity. At that time, I thought it was a waste of money to throw away the clothes and shoes I never wore, but now what good is it to have things you don't need? My friends, who have been in my room know how head aching it was! If I had only the simplest items of clothing, imagine how less cluttered my life would be. Decluttering my life is not only to do with clothes but with just living a life in the simplest way. When you are placed in difficult situation, breathe and try to resolve it in the simplest way possible. I can not say that I am a fully transformed minimalist, but it is definatley more relaxing and you start to see a new POV in life.
 
Transforming into a minimalist isn't a one day process, but when you stop buying unecessary items, it will be much easier. It is a journey and it shows you how beautiful simplicity is.

No comments:

Post a Comment